The Agricultural Compounds and Veterinary Medicines (ACVM) Group is responsible for monitoring the importation, manufacture, sale and use of agricultural compounds and veterinary medicines in New Zealand.
The compliance process aims to ensure:
- our responsibilities are met, and
- products in the marketplace comply with requirements of the ACVM Act and related legislation.
Compliance audit summaries
These audits form part of the ACVM Group's compliance programme of reality checks or "slice of life" reviews.
The audits provide assurance that "control of use" programmes are performing as expected. They also determine in broad terms where our level of risk management is insufficient or where our regulatory intervention is excessive.
Reality checks are not necessarily undertaken as a result of reported non-compliance but priority is likely to be given on the basis of identified concerns or of existing information gaps.
- Pesticide Use in the New Zealand Tamarillo Industry: Audit Summary (April 2012)
- Oral Nutritional Compounds: 2010 Audit Report Summary (July 2010)
- Research, Testing and Teaching Organisations: Audit Report Summary (May 2010)
- Aquaculture 'Slice of Life' Review Summary (May 2010)
- Fertilisers 'Slice of Life' Review (August 2009)
- Pesticides 'Slice of Life' Review (April 2009)
- Vertebrate Toxic Agents: Summary of the 2008 ‘Slice of Life’ Review (August 2008)
- Research, Testing and Teaching Organisations: Summary of Audit Report (March 2007)
- Summary of Review Report: Prescription Animal Remedy Traders (Veterinarians (70 KB PDF) (March 2007)
- Summary of Review Report: Research, Teaching and Testing Organisations (51 KB PDF) (March 2007)
- Summary of Audit Report - Use of Specified Antibiotics Within the Pork and Poultry Industries (July 2004) (53 KB PDF)
- Summary of Audit Report - MAF Quarantine Service Clearance of Agricultural Compounds and Veterinary Medicines (July 2004) (45 KB PDF)
- Summary of Audit Report - Oral Nutritional Compounds (July 2004) (35 KB PDF)
- Summary of Audit Report - Discretionary Use of Veterinary Medicines, Products Compounded by or for the Prescribing Veterinarian, and Pharmacy-only or Restricted Human Medicines (June 2004) (51 KB PDF)