What's new in ACVM
This page lists important updates relevant to the Agricultural compounds and veterinary medicines section of the website. Items are displayed in date order, with the most recent listed first.
8 March 2013
- Update: News and Views March 2013
March issue of the ACVM newsletter includes information on the ARPPA workshop and EPA’s reassessment of organophosphate/carbamate.
4 February 2013
- New: ACVM Workshop - Thursday 21 February 2013
This is the agenda for the upcoming ACVM workshop. Application form in Dec News and Views.
18 December 2012
- New: News and Views December 2012
December issue of the ACVM newsletter includes 2013 workshop information and registration form.
- Update: E-files for ACVM applications
This is a guideline to requirements for preparing and sending electronic files for ACVM applications. Correction to link.
29 November 2012
- New: Website redevelopment
We at the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) are planning to create a new and improved web presence that better serves our audiences.
As you'll appreciate the success of the web redevelopment depends on getting feedback from people like you who are outside of the organisation. As someone who has subscribed to a mailing list or to receive news feeds from one of our websites, we’d like to give you the opportunity to take part in a short survey about our websites. The main things we want to find out are what you come to our websites for, and how we can improve the experience for you.
To have your say is quick and easy. Just fill out this short MPI web channel survey.
Team Leader, Web Services
12 November 2012
- New: Special Circumstances Approval - ACVM Information Requirements
A guideline for special circumstances approval under section 8C of the ACVM Act is now available.
1 November 2012
- New: News and Views October 2012
The October issue of News and Views is now available.
29 October 2012
- Update: Operating plan template and guideline
An operating plan template and a guideline for use by research, testing, teaching/training orgs (under an ACVM Regs exemption) are now available.
7 August 2012
- New: ACVM News and Views for August 2012
ACVM News and Views for August 2012
18 July 2012
- New: New research into chicken vaccines
The Ministry of Primary Industries is looking into new Australian research into chicken vaccines.
14 June 2012
- New: News & Views June 2012
News and Views June 2012. In this issue, email address change, efficacy information requirements, making label changes, pesticides code of conduct revised, national animal welfare strategy, staff update, visit to ICAMA, 44th session of CCPR, 20th session of CCRVDF.
17 May 2012
- New: FRSP 2011-2012 Quarterly reports
Results of testing eggplant,lemons, walnuts,hops,tamarillo,spring onion, pumpkin,asparagus and olive oil for Agricultural Chemical residues, carried out in Quarter two and three of the 2011-12 FRSP.
30 April 2012
- New: Pesticide Use in the New Zealand Tamarillo Industry: Audit Summary
A short summary of the 2012 audit of pesticides in tamarillo industry.
27 April 2012
- New: News & Views April 2012
ACVM News and Views April 2012.
28 February 2012
- New: News & Views February 2012
ACVM News and Views February 2012 on registration renewals, data protection, animal feeds review, ceftiofur products, cephalosporins, products with biological components and nanomaterial definition.
16 December 2011
- New: Nanitechnology and nanomaterials under the ACVM Act
ACVM position paper on nanotechnology and nanomaterials under the ACVM Act
15 December 2011
- New: Fresh produce residues study released
Results from MAF study that looks at chemical residues in fresh, unwashed produce indicate that most growers are using pesticides responsibly in the recommended manner. None of the residues found posed health or food safety concerns.
- New: Food Residue Surveillance Programme (FRSP), Quarter 1 Results 2011/2012
Results of testing feijoas, persimmons asparagus, eggplant, hops, pumpkins and tamarillos for Agricultural Chemical residues, carried out in Quarter One of the 2011-12 FRSP.
14 December 2011
- New: News and Views December 2011
ACVM December 2011 News & Views
8 December 2011
- Update: List of Sellers of Restricted Veterinary Medicines with a MAF approved Operating Plan - Updated 6 December 2011
Update of List of Sellers of Restricted Veterinary Medicines