MPI Listeria strategy
MPI's Listeria Risk Management Strategy aims to contain listeriosis at current levels through working with the industry to develop appropriate control measures.
The objectives for the 2008–2013 strategy are to:
- ensure no increase in foodborne human listeriosis cases
- develop control measures that are practical, feasible and cost effective
- communicate the strategy to all stakeholders
- implementate appropriate control measures based on well-informed decisions
- design and implement an ongoing monitoring and review programme.
For more information, download the strategy document.
Research and reports
The research commissioned under the MPI Listeria Risk Management Strategy:
- informs future strategic decisions about managing Listeria monocytogenes
- helps develop guidance for operators.
You can find more information on the Listeria research funded by MPI – including risk profiles and foodborne disease reports – in the Science & research section of the site.
Standards TeamEmail us